Delivery Driver/ Warehouse Operative
Worth Furnishing Limited is the UK’s premier furniture wholesaler devoted to providing our retailers with the highest quality bespoke furniture. Our vans are out on the road and in the public eye – so it’s vital you drive in a safe, responsible way and deliver goods to our retailers with a friendly smile and helpful attitude. You’ll be the face of Worth Furnishing, providing great customer service.
We currently require a friendly, hardworking Delivery Driver/Warehouse Operative to join our small team in supplying quality wholesale upholstered furniture to stores nationwide.
This is a full time, varied position which requires flexibility relating to working hours and to role and tasks.
The driving aspect is Monday-Friday when required and there will be early starts and late finishes with overnight stays of 1-2 nights, which will form a regular requirement of the role during busy periods. Given the nature of the work there is a requirement for manual lifting and carrying heavy items, so applicants should be physically fit.
Previous experience is desirable and good geographical knowledge of the UK is advantageous. Our ideal candidate will be confident driving in cities and following route plans.
You will have excellent customer service and communication skills, be methodical and be able to work to tight deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Booking in deliveries with customers and external transport companies
- Picking orders in our warehouse and loading vehicles.
- Driving our Worth Furnishing vans and delivering great service.
- Follow scheduled delivery routes, driving safely and responsibly.
- Keeping the customers updated with realistic estimated arrival times
- Being courteous, friendly and helpful
- Following the correct procedures with every delivery – they ensure safety, great service and careful handling of our high end product.
- Not just keeping your vehicle clean but also tidy and well maintained including refuelling and operational, ready for the next delivery run
- Lifting large goods which may need to be moved up and down steps with use of a wheeled lift
- Answering customer queries assisting our customers with service issues
- Completing timesheets and processing delivery notes and associated paperwork in our busy office environment
- Assisting in manufacture of our industrial tables which involves sanding, staining and constructing the end product. Wrapping effectively to avoid damage
- Cutting of fabrics and picking of leather hides to be shipped to the manufacturers
- Maintaining accurate fabric and leather stocklists
- Excellent Warehouse management with efficient stock storage and rotation
- Adhering to the Health & Safety Act at all times
- Work well as part of a friendly helpful team
- Excellent driving skills
- Working safely within a busy environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- A forward thinker, proactive and able to plan ahead their working days
- Flexible approach to start and finish times
- Smart appearance with a professional attitude
- Physically fit with manual handling experience
- Good sense of humour
- Excellent time keeper
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £9.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Driving : 2 years (Preferred)
- Full Driving Licence (Required)
Is there anything else I need to know before applying for this role?
There’s no such thing as great service without high personal standards, so you’ll need to be a great ‘people person,’ committed to giving our customers great service every day. You must have held a full driving licence for at least 3 years and can drive a 3.5 ton van with confidence. You must also have no more than 3 points on your licence and be over 25 years.
We’re a small team, so we’re looking for helpful, outgoing people who can get along with the team. Candidates should only apply if they live in the local area (within a 20 mile radius of the business) due to the nature of the role.
Please send your C.V. to email@example.com