Delivery Driver/ Warehouse Operative
Worth Furnishing Limited
£8.00+ dependant on experience, plus ongoing reviews.
Worth Furnishing Limited is the UK’s premier furniture wholesaler devoted to providing our retailers with the highest quality bespoke furniture. Our vans are out on the road and in the public eye – so it’s vital you drive in a safe, responsible way and deliver with a friendly smile and helpful attitude. You’ll be the face of Worth Furnishing, providing great customer service.
We currently require a friendly, hardworking Delivery Driver/Warehouse Operative to join our team in supplying quality wholesale upholstered furniture to stores nationwide.
This is a full time, varied position which requires flexibility relating to working hours and to role and tasks.
The driving aspect is Monday-Friday when required and there will be early starts and late finishes with overnight stays of 1-2 nights, which will form a regular requirement of the role during busy periods. Given the nature of the work there is a requirement for lifting and carrying heavy items, so applicants should be physically fit.
Previous experience is desirable and good geographical knowledge of the UK is advantageous. Our ideal candidate will be confident driving in cities and following route plans.
You will have excellent customer service and communication skills along with good attention to detail and be able to work to tight deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Booking in deliveries
- Picking orders in our warehouse and loading vehicles
- Driving our Worth Furnishing vans and delivering great service.
- Follow scheduled delivery routes, driving safely and responsibly.
- Keeping the customer up to date by phoning ahead if you’re running late to let the customer know when you’ll be there
- Being friendly and helpful
- Following the correct procedures with every delivery – they ensure safety and great service
- Not just keeping your vehicle clean but also tidy and well cared for (Our delivery vehicles cost up to £40K+ so our drivers take real care of them)
- Keep your vehicle refuelled, maintained and operational, ready for the next delivery run
- Making sure you carefully carry out all checks and procedures from pre-delivery to post-delivery
- Lifting large goods which may need to be moved up and down steps with use of a wheeled truck
- Organising our delivery service or arranging an alternative courier service
- Answering customer queries assisting our customers with service issues
- Completing timesheets and processing delivery notes and associated paperwork in our busy office environment
- Delivering to our large customer base is our priority but working in our warehouse is also an essential part of the role.
- Work as part of a friendly helpful team
- Excellent driving skills
- Working safely
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible approach to start and finish times
- Smart appearance with a professional attitude
- Physically fit with manual handling experience
Is there anything else I need to know before applying for this role?
There’s no such thing as great service without high personal standards, so you’ll need to be a great ‘people person,’ committed to giving our customers great service every day. You must have held a full driving licence for at least 3 years and can drive a 3.5 ton van with confidence. You must also have no more than 3 points on your licence and be over 25 years.
We’re a small team, so we’re looking for helpful, outgoing people who can get along with the team.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively apply via indeed.com using the link below: