As upholstered sofa and dining chair specialists we need only know about this specific product field. As such we travel the world searching for these products to live up to yours, your end user and our extremely high standards of materials and manufacturing ability.
Our search for this quality, together with best value for money takes us to the UK, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia and the Far East. Every year we introduce many new sofa ranges to our retailers and on our website, we hand pick every one to ensure you and your customers are getting the best product possible.
By hand selecting all our products we know that the quality is what you would expect and what the customer requires for the home. We ensure that all our leather is 100% real, uncorrected, full aniline, pull-up leather - no fakes or bonded materials are used whatsoever. Likewise all our fabric sofas are upholstered with the best quality wool plaids and fabrics available.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why is Worth Furnishing Leather so Special?
It is pure, uncorrected aniline leather, which means that during the tanning process, the patina of the hide is enhanced by the use of natural oils. No pigments are used, so that the inherent grain and markings shine through. Each and every defect is clearly visible, and scarring, mottling, wrinkling and shading are distinctive features. Because it is natural material, aniline leather breathes better and wears longer than inferior, more processed leathers. Uncorrected aniline leather is the most expensive leather in the world. Why? Because only the very best hides are used. Each hide, and so each piece of furniture is 100% unique and, because it is a natural product, will vary slightly in colour.
Don’t the Markings Weaken the Leather?
No – they merely add to its’ charm. To remove the scars would destroy the look we are trying to achieve at Worth Furnishing.
Why are they so Comfortable?
Worth Furnishing have painstakingly developed the perfect sit. The seat cushions have a foam filling, with an overlay of fibre. The density of the foam means that the cushions will mould to your contours, and the fibre wrap gives the softness that is so welcoming. This perfect mix also holds its’ own shape, so that the cushions are almost 'self plumping'.
Will there be a Problem with Colour Match between the Sofa and the Chair?
All orders are colour matched at the factory. There are colour variations from hide to hide, however your sofa and chair will be supplied from the same ‘batch’ of leather, so will be as closely colour matched as possible with a natural, uncorrected product. However just to be safe, we have put a swatch of leather under each seat, to be removed and matched up with another piece. Should two pieces be bought, at different times.
Produced using fine Italian leathers by our supplier(s), working to procedures established in conjunction with our Quality Assurance Department.
What are the Frames made from?
The frames are made from hardwood, where applicable (from sustainable sources), and have a fully serpentine sprung seating system (where applicable).
Are the sofas guaranteed?
All of our sofas are covered with a 12 months Manufacturers Guarantee.
How do I look after the leather?
Any fingernail scratches can be removed with a warm damp cloth. Enquire with your supplier regarding Aniline Leather care kits. Other specialist cleaning products are available to keep your leather looking beautiful.
I’ve just unwrapped my sofa, and the leather is scratched. How do I treat this?
Simply rub the scratch gently with your finger – your body warmth will dissipate the waxy finish on the leather, which will move to recover the mark. If this does not work, try rubbing with a clean cloth which has been lightly dampened with clean, distilled water.
Customer Care Recommendations:
• Leather is a natural product and requires care to maintain the natural beauty of the product.
• Under normal usage/conditions regular dusting and vacuum cleaning is all that is necessary to clean your furniture.
• For minor scratches on the surface, use a chamois or clean fingers to gently buff the scratch. If needed, moisten lightly with distilled water to work scratches out.
• For minor spots and spills, wipe up any excess liquid immediately with a clean absorbent cloth or sponge.
• If necessary, use a lightly moistened soft cloth with clean lukewarm water and let air dry naturally. If water is used, clean the entire area where the spot occurred.
• Do not use soap or soak the stain heavily with water. This may cause more damage than the stain itself.
• If the stain persists, it is recommended that the leather be cleaned by a professional leather specialist to avoid any potential damage to the leather.
• For butter, oil, or grease wipe off excess with a clean dry cloth, and then leave alone as the spot should dissipate into the leather after a short period of time.
• Protect your furniture from sun and direct light like any upholstery material. It can fade to some degree if exposed to the sun.
• These are recommended or suggested methods of cleaning. Always try any cleaning method in a hidden area first to convince yourself of the results.